Virtual Field Trip Grade 3
Participating in field trips is a great way to enjoy a unique learning experience outside a classroom environment. Field trip are not only good fun, but also it allow students to absorb, interact and immerse themselves in a practical way. Here are some of the benefits of field trips:
1. On a field trip, students are more likely to retain information. Being immersed in information and being involved in visual and practical experiences and will help students to remember, learn and understand subjects.
2. Field trips will help reinforce classroom materials, bringing lessons to life. School trips give students the opportunity to visualize, experience and discuss information on a subject.
3. Going on field trips offers students a unique cultural learning experience. It allows students to be involved in new environments, key to encouraging curiosity about a given subject. It is also valuable as an exercise in broadening a student’s understanding of the world and their place in it.
4. Educational trips encourage the development of social, personal and study skills. It has been observed that students appear to come out of their shell on field trips, becoming creative and displaying leadership qualities.
Pah Tsung School Grade 3 Virtual Field Trips were held for 2 days : The trips were held together virtually. With participants were from all grade 3 students. There were 3 field trip destinations namely:
• March, Thursday, 25th March 2020
1. Godongijo and via Zoom Meeting by Godong Ijo (9.30- 12.00)
• March, Friday, 26th March 2020/Virtual Field Trip to
2. Paris via Zoom Meeting by Pandu Asia Indonesia (7.30-9.30)
3. Taman Pintar Jogja via Zoom Meeting by Taman Pintar Jogja (10.00- 11.30)
On day 1 is a virtual field trip to GodongIjo where students had practiced making robotic mechatronic for about 1 and a half hours and had a virtual tour to see the amazing flora and fauna in Godong Ijo for about 1.5 hours. And on the second day they had taken a virtual trip to see the beauty of the city of Paris, History and Culture of the City of Paris and Architectural Beauty Historical buildings in the City of Paris for about 2 hours organized by Pandu Asia Tour. And then in the next half hour students had visited Taman Pintar tourist spot in Jogjakarta in a virtual way. In Taman Pintar, students had been showed a scientific exhibition and create and paint pottery.
A scientific visit to the Square Oval Building
Question and answer session
Create and paint pottery
The Field Trip of Grade 3 activity ran smoothly and attractively. All grade 3 students were enthusiastic in conducting all the trips with the teachers and Tour guide. All Students have a better experience and learn a lot about natural sciences and electricity in Godongijo, The Beauty and History of Paris city, and also Scientific Exhibition and making pottery with Taman Pintar, Yogjakarta. Moreover, the tour is also strengthen the friendly ties among the students.